Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

People Macros

Okay, had my first go at creating some 'Airfield Types' for my scenery. Got various photos, masked individuals etc and used Easy Object Designer to actually create. Well they might look a picture of health in the photo but when they get to my airfield...well frankly they look a bit overweight, squat that is. What am I doing wrong here, the plate I used in EOB was set to be 6 feet high and about 2 feet wide which I thought was about right to get the photo on both sides, I have to admit they didn't look quite right then but they look worse in FS9, how do you get the dimensions right to portray something that looks rightAny help really appreciatedCheersPaul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rather than trying to get your "plate" to the right size, it might be easier to jest make everything "square". Here's what I do:I create a polygon that is 6 feet square. Then I make my textures the same way you did, except that I take the masked individual and put it into a texture that is 256 x 256 pixels (a square). When this gets applied to the polygon, everything is already in proportion, so everyone looks healthy. Sure, this means that there is a large amount of unused texture space, but I think it's the wasiest approach. If you want to conserve space, you can make the polygon 3 feet wide by 6 feet tall and then make your texture 128x256 pixels, and then group a bunch of textures together on one big texture. The best bet is to try it the simpler way first and then try to fine tune it later.- Martin

Can either of you tell me how to add people to my sceneries? I've tried a couple of times, but the entire, square, polygon shows up. In other words, I see a box with the image of a person on it. Both of your emails used the word "mask". Does this have something to do my problem?

Hi PaulWhy dont you give Rwy12 a try, I know you said you havent got your head round it, but its not that difficult to use and a big library of 65 people has recently been released, see it herehttp://www.rwy12.com/portal/If you get stuck mail meStephen Legg