Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Does RWY12 work in FS2002?

Yeah, I'm a dinosaur, but at least I'm a happy dinosaur.Anyway, does the new RWY12 package work in FS2002? I downloaded a scenery created with RWY12, but it doesn't show up with the traditional installation. Is it enough to just add the .bgl and texture files like any other scenery, or does something from the RWY12 package have to be installed as well?Also, has anyone tried actually creating a RWY12 scenery in FS2002?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RWY12 doesn't work for FS2002 because the Scenery (*.bgl) files are in compiled in the FS2004 scenery format. The FS2002 scenery generator cannot read the FS2004 scenery format.The RWY12 package will install its program to a folder of your choice. The second part is to install the library objects to your flight simulator. RWY12v1 has an error in the installation program and will always install the library objects to your C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryStatic Objects Library folder. If your flight simulator is located on another drive, cut and paste the Static Objects Library folder to the correct location. If you view the contents of Static Objects LibraryScenery and Texture folders, you will find library ojbects files installed. Additionally, jw_rwy12.zip is available for installing the FS2004 Jetways by Shehryar Ansari. However, its installation will only provide for one color jetway vice the three colors of jetways available in the jetways2.zip. If you already have jetways2.zip or fedextks.zip installed as library objects, you do not need two copies installed.Both problems are being worked by the RWY12 program designers.W. Sieffert