Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbrown3rd

Gmax Tutorial Question

I am working my way through the GMAX Gamepack Tutorial to create a house object. All has gone well up to the point where the tutorial says"53.Switch to Edge mode. On the Edit Geometry rollout, click Turn. Note The endpoints of any edge that you touch while the Turn button is active will switch to the other vertices. In the following diagram, the first polygon shows the first position of the edge; the second polygon shows the edge position after the first edge has been touched. "The sticking point for me is in (53.) where the tutorial references the Turn button. I had been proceeding very well up until this point but for the life of me I cannot find this "Turn" button that is being referred to. Could someone give me a pointer?This is in regard to cleaning up the roof line as shown in this image:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Your House needs to be an editable mesh, and not an editable poly. If you convert to a editable mesh, then in the selection menu select edge, scroll down the rollout until you get to edit geometry, its just above extrude next to divide.Hope this helpsStevohttp://www.fs9world.netfirms.com

>Hi >>Your House needs to be an editable mesh, and not an editable>poly. If you convert to a editable mesh, then in the selection>menu select edge, scroll down the rollout until you get to>edit geometry, its just above extrude next to divide.>>Hope this helps>>Stevo>http://www.fs9world.netfirms.com Thanks Stevo. That was it. Now I am struggling with texturing the thing. I think I am making progress but at this point the geometry creation seems easy after recreating a few dozen houses following the tutorial and falling back on my CAD experience. The texturing though, even with the tutorial, has me stumped. I think I am just over saturated at this point.