Sign in to follow this  
Guest V35 Flier

Water texture "clipping" nearby land, covering islands ...

Guest V35 Flier

OK, so now I am moving along with Slarti pretty nicely except for the following problem: Occasionally, I am seeing lakes where there is lake-side land being "clipped" by a water texture.Also, in what appears to be the same problem, entire islands are being overlaid by a water texture so that only the coastline, but no land texture, shows up.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/99061.jpgFor the moment, all lakes produced by Slarti are mesh-clinging lakes, meaning that they do not have a fixed elevation so I do not believe this is an elevation problem.In Slarti, I am using options like UndefLand = 1 (so that undefined areas in the watermask become land) and LWMMerge = 0 (so that a cell containing land will be marked as land), yet this problem still occurs.As a point of interest, I have also seen the same anomaly when producing lakes out of Ground2K as well.Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Are those square edges, Peter? This is usually the give-away.Your problem is most likely due to missing land classification. You will not see land (even if you declare a Land Mask) unless you assign land class values there.Best regards.Luis

Guest V35 Flier

>Are those square edges, Peter? This is usually the give-away.Yes, they are square.>Your problem is most likely due to missing land classification. You will not see land (even if you declare a>Land Mask) unless you assign land class values there.Thank you! I'll drop into EZLandclass and assign some values there to see if it solves the problem, then report back!Regards,Peter

Guest V35 Flier

That was the problem, Luis! Using EZLandclass to add LC values to those transparent areas fixed the clipping. Thank you for your quick help.