Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bruun

Masters of PHOTO NIGHT TEXTURES pls inlighten me !

Guest Peter Bruun

How to create nighttextures ??. I have quite a large number of textures, and it will be imposible (besides the terminal building) to make a complete set of Photoreal _lm textures, so i have tried to manipulate/edit them in Photoshop/Photoimpression adding shaddow colours etc, but it only result in them not showing up in FS (grey).Any hints, links to tutorials,and Mentor help is most welcome :-zhelp

Getting night textures to show works the same as getting normal textures to show. The fact that you see them gray and that you don't see the day texture during night probably indicates something is wrong with the texture file itself. Try to use the same format (mipmaps, etc) as the day texture.And of course you must have enabled the night textures when you designed your object.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Peter Bruun

Thanks for advice ArnoFurther, for interested newbees i can add this instruction obtained via mail from Pascal Dumat;The easiest way could be to :- take your daylight texture in PSP- in menu colors/adjust/contrast-brightness : decrease these values (needs some tests..)- add optionnally some highlights for some windows ( cut and paste from daylight...)- save it with _lm extensionIt got me going :-smooch