Sign in to follow this  

Flying on Line....as real as it gets?

Well, the ATC on VATSIM and IVAO are all just sim freaks as you and me and the rest of us. No one can guarantee that you will have 24/7 coverage, and no one can guarantee that your preferred areas will be covered the time you want to fly. They all do it for free, out of interest, as a hobby.So you have to adapt to whats beeing offered, select an area where there is ATC when you want to fly, send a short personal message to the controller to ask if he/she will be there when you depart/arrive if you want to be sure of 100% coverage for your particular flight.If you accept these limitations you will have a GREAT time on line. I have been flying online with VATSIM occasionally (logged some 20+ hours). I always start by taking a look at the situation with ServInfo and then select my flightplan according to whats available. I am fortunate in having an extremely active VACC in my area (Finland) so there's ATC available for areas and airports several times a week. And I can assure you - It's fun, it's addicting, and as soon as you have made your first, nervous flights with lots of errors and become confident in what you're doing you will always enjoy it!BamceEFHN

You're in the wrong room then. ;-) come to my room and you will have professional people who respect the rules. ;-)Lance

Guest United

What's your room (on the zone I presume)

We need an easy going laid back sort of place, probably based here where I am in Southern California, where of course, there is no weather!After reading newsgroups over a long time I know that the zone is not worth even trying. Silly adolescents trying to crash into you and giggling like the little girls they are :-). I know, I've had kids like that!