Sign in to follow this  

Erractic frame rates

Been running fs2k2 for about 3 months with no trouble. Now, out of nowhere, framerates have began acting up. Sim runs normal for about a minute, 20fps, then drops to 1-2fps for about 10 seconds, then runs ok again another minute. I cant seem to fix it. My only add ons were aircraft/panels/gauges and I removed them. I even reinstalled fs2k2 and still have problem. Everything else seems to run ok, so I think its a fs problem. Anyone else seen this???? Computer is a Gateway Celeron, 1200mhz, 256mb, winxp.Thanks if anyone can help!!!Mike

Guest slydon

Yeah my frame rates have dropped down quite a bit too. But I have not added anything or changed anything. Also, my scenery does not look as good as it did. I don't think it is my imaginaion, but the scenery has a sparkly flashy look that I did not have a week ago. Frame rates go from 20 down to 3 or 4 and then back. I have been running with all options turned way up but now I can't because of the drop in fps. My computer is a gateway 1500mhz 512mb. Don

OK...this is really odd. I also have noticed the sparkly, or shimmering effect on scenery. I checked my setting to make sure mip mapping was on...it was...I don't know what the problem is...but, I have been having some sort of strange things happening to my computer in the last couple of weeks since installing a popup preventer program. I uninstalled it...but, am not completely happy. I think I will reinstall W98 and see if that makes a difference...Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Guest slydon

I sure hope someone can come up with an answer to this sparkly screnery problem. I was about to uninstall and reinstall but not sure that will cure it and reinstalling this program is NOT a 10 minute job. I don't know what to do at this point. Don

OK, got it fixed. Ran the "restore" option under system tools. SOme of the scenery files popped up during restore as needing renamed. So after running restore, I reloaded fs2k2 and now it seems ok. I guess periodic defrags and restores keep things in order. Sim actually seems to be running better.Mike