Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

AFCAD advice..

not sure this is the place to look for this info, but am starting here!I fly a lot of GA and for a change up now and again, use my AOPA Airport directory to pick out airports that look interesting. I found a cool one at KBDE..Baudette International in Minnesota. its right on the Canadian border. Neat because it has an uncontrolled airfield with a good asphalt strip, a grass strip and a lake beside it with a designated water landing strip. Pretty cool..and thats real life.I decided to juice up the afcad for this airport and would like to create a separate afcad file bde2 for the water strip. Ideally, I'd like to have a default Cessna 208 amphibian or a cool beaver doing AI TNG's at the water strip while another AI plane is doing the same on theKBDE land strips. What I've found is a couple of problems. 1. There appears to be a problem with flatness of the lake itself, which impedes creation of a proper runway there. How do I make that flat?2. When I use AFCAD to make water taxiways, the texture of the taxiway is a totally different blue than the lake. Is it possible to fix this?If so, how? I'd like to replace whatever texture makes the water taxiways with whatever is used for the lake itself.3. Can anybody point me to an afcad or airport scenery that has Waterborne AI? I'd like to learn by looking.ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg