Sign in to follow this  
arno

Arno...could you help out please...

Guest abent

My co-designer David and I are having what seems to be a transparency problem with a small GMAX hill we put in one of our sceneries. David used layer8 to get rid of the ground flashing. He was using your fs2002 tutorial and working at putting seasonal textures in. Please have a look at this shot and see if you can tell what the problem is.The cars you see in the pic are actually behind the hill though they appear as though they are sitting on the hill. The fence is also behind the hill.Thanks Arno,Adam http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/103472.jpg

Guest abent

I should add that the fence texture contains an alpha of course for transparency. We were wondering if that may be contributing to the problem.Thanks again Arno...Adam

Hi Adam,Just to get it clear for me. Most of the objects we are seeing should be behind the hill, but they do now show on it/in front of it?How long is this hill? These problems sound to me as if the distance from the reference point of hill is larger then the distance to the reference point of the objects. Then the scenery engine will think the object should be drawn after the hill (and they will thus appear in front).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest abent

Thanks Arno. The hill I think is about maybe 80m in length and say 20m in width. The funny thing is is that if I replace the normal texture (the summer one I did - before David modified them to have seasonal textures it works fine. I'll do up a scerren with the original texture and post back.adam

Hi Adam,I think that rules out the reference point story I started about :).Then I can think of two things, it is either the textures used during winter or something went wrong when coding the seasonal changes. And I expect the last is the problem.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Guest abent

Thanks a lot Arno. I think David is going to post his file so you can have a look. Really appreciate the help!Adam

Guest Diamond Dave

Hi Arno,I solved the problem by taking out the ground polygons code from the asm file.Thanks anyway for the help.David

That is correct. Real ground polygons with the ADDCAT command added should not be mixed with 3D objects. That indeed gives trouble :). Good you found it.

Arno