Sign in to follow this  
Guest criedell

Signs appear to move!

Guest criedell

Hi all,I'm just learning scenery design and have undertaken building a "custom" airport to learn on. I've searched everywhere I can find and haven't been able to come up to an solution for this problem, so I'm turning to the experts!I've created a couple of signs (using creatsign) and compiled them in to their own bgl file. When I start FS9 the signs are all there, but not in the right place. For example one taxiway sign appears in the middle of the ramp. Now comes the strange part! As I taxi toward the sign it appears to move slowly in to the correct position.Has anybody found a solution to this problem, or am I just going nuts?Thanks for any and all help!!Chuck

Guest luissa

Hi,I do not know the tool you are using. However what you describe suggests that the 3D object is not at ground level.Regards, Luis

Hello Luis,As a corollary to your other post, I have found that this phenomenon is often a result of an incorrect flatten. It seems that this affects the perspective and so the object seems to move. The same can happen with taxiways and other airport elements. Best regards.Luis

Guest jimkeir

One last possibility which is probably much less likely than the other two is that at high latitudes, *all* objects seem to drift across the ground because of the way that FS places models. However, if it's only your signs and not everything else then it's probably not this :)

Guest criedell

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll be doing some investigating tonight to try out the ideas.I'm using CreatSign to build the XML file for the signs and I'm starting to wonder if maybe the .bgl file with the taxiwaysign information is being loaded in the "wrong" order by FS9 and thus my problem.Clear skies and fair winds to all !Chuck

Guest criedell

The flatten entry was the problem. Somehow the altitude in the flatten entry in scenery.cfg was different than the one in the rest of the files, so the signs were not at ground level. Once I corrected the .cfg file everything appeared as it should.Thanks again for the suggestions and help.Chuck