Sign in to follow this  
Guest tompeel

Giant buildings in German Airports 2 - how to fix?

Guest tompeel

Hi I've got a copy of German Airports 2 for FS2000, and I've been trying to get it to work correctly with FS2002, more as a dogged intellectual challenge than anything else, by decompiling bits of it to find out how it works. I've fixed the "bumpy Scenery" problem, and I've fixed invisible runways (I put all the Runway statements in one Area), now I'm trying to fix a "Giant Buildings" effect that appears at Frankfurt airport in particular- meaning that vastly oversized 3-D buildings appear briefly all over the landscape.TIATom

Guest tompeel

Just to make clear what I mean, see the attached screenshotThe building at the left back is way off scale and in the wrong place.T.

Would there not be a patch from the origional authors to make it compatible with Fs2002? Starting to decompile other people's work is in general not a very good idea.For your big object it is probably a scale in the RefPoint set wrong, but trying to find which will be quite challenging :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest tompeel

I tried in the past getting some support from Aerosoft on the other problems (invisible runways) with no success.To reiterate, the objects do exist as real buildings of the correct size, however they also appear intermittently as giant displaced objects from particular view angles.I can't see anything unusual about the scale in the RefPoint commands, mostly they are in the range 0.5000 - 2.00000After some more testing, I think the problem lies in some sequences that look like this:;;; CondNSRefPoint(0x3c) - SCASM does not support this record Dbx ( 3C 0 4E 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4E 9F DB 54 0 0 0 FC 37 13 6 9A 19 6F 0 0 0 ) SetScaleX( :L000115DB 10000 1000 13 )When I edit these lines out and recompile, the scenery has less detail, but the phantom buildings have gone.Any ideas?T.

That first command does not really look familiar to me, but that is in general the problem with decompiled source. Very often you can not compile it to the same BGL file without errors.Was the building the correct size beforce you started tweaking the scenery?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest tompeel

Yes the building(s) are ok, it's the phantom images that are in the wrong place and much too big.