Sign in to follow this  
Hollister

Attaching a Rotating Beacon to a Pole

I built a pole in gmax and following the SDK I put a box on top of the pole, making sure it was resting on the top of the pole.I ran the script, empty box with the box selected on the pole. Saved it and exported it. I then edited the mxl file as per the SDK and compiled it. All went fine and I loaded it into FS9.The pole is there and so is the beacon, BUT the beacon is not on top of the pole, it's a few feet away on the ground.Could someone please tell me what I did wrong? I looked through the forums but couldn't find the answer.Thanks in advance for any advice.Hollister

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found the problem.In gmax I made a box in the Perspective view and moved it to the top of the pole. That for some reason was not putting the box or the beacon on top of the pole. Rather it was staying where the box was originally made.So I tried making the box in front view and then rotated it so it had the top side was facing up.The beacon is now correctly positioned on top of the pole.So for this to work you can't just make a box and move it to the location you want the beacon to be, the box has to be made at the location where you want the beacon to be located.Any input on this is appreciated as I am just beginning to learn this program.I am heading to the bookstore to buy a book on GMax.Hollister