Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heraldpilot

Coverting model to bgl

Guest Heraldpilot

I remember a LONG time ago using a program which would convert aircraft model files to a bgl file, allowing you to place the aircraft as a static in the scenery.Is there such a program that will do it for FS9, at a stretch FS2002?Any help appreciated. Thanks:-hmmm

Hi there, the programme you are thinking about is mdltobgl. Yes, it works for FS2002 but I don't know about 2004.I have tried using the prog. but it was pretty hard going at first and I have not stuck with it although I know that several designers use it. Here is the link to the site, although it's not been updated for a while.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/mdltobgl/I think that it works best with FS98 aircraft, although I found that I received error messages when I tried to compile the aircraft.I was also trying to repaint the aircraft, so maybe I was trying too much too quickly.Here is a link to Iain Murray's Flight Sim Utilities page. He has a tutorial on painting FS98 aircraft, if you go down that road.Hope this helps a bit and points you in the right direction.

Guest flightsimstudios

I have a tool from somewhere that I think can convert GMAX MDL's to scenery BGL's but I can;t remember where I got it from and I couldn't get it to work with FSDS 2 objects... I don't know if it works...

Guest Heraldpilot

Hi to both of you.Thanks for replying.:-) In the first instance, I was attempting to remake a scenery for our VA at Farnborough. The original worked fine in FS2K2, but was wobbly in FS9.In FS9, there is a large very obtrusive building on the apron around positions 3-5 Parking heavy. I neded to get rid of that.Using the latest build of Tom Hiscox's Airport, I managed to get a small exclude area to wipe that away nicely, but it made the apron into a quagmire - "Sink" as though I had used a flatten command - which I hadn't.The "old" Model to BGL program worked to the extent that an FS98 CRJ200 WAS converted to an api, and DID appear in the scenery, but there were compilation errors regarding the textures - which DID show up, after I had rotated the model 90 degrees. (The program wasn't interested in any model NOT FS98)I HAD hoped to be able to place some of our modern fleet at various hubs with our Hangars and offices, but the effect that I've been making on the Farnborough apron has put me off!However, if you DO have and can find the GMAX model converter, and can find it, I'be extremely happy to hear of it's location to obtain it, if possible.Thankyou againJAKE