Sign in to follow this  
arno

default airport grass texture?

Hey,I`m rebuilding Buffalo airport in upstate NY and i`ve extended the runway to it proper length, however the rnway now goes over some of the default urban texture in the buffalo area, So i was wondering can anyone tell me what is the name of the default seasonal texture that is used by MSFS2004 for airport grass, so i can place it using airport for windows.thanks Simon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Simon,If you want it really looking like the default grass, you can better place it as a VTP polygon (that is also how MS is doing it). If I remember correct it is texture number 1183 from the terrain.cfg file that is used for the default airports.

Thanks arno that did the trick, I used ez landclass to edit it, although i`m not sure if the actual airport ground texture is used with this programe or not, but i came up with something i`m quiet happy with. if you have any ideas of a better way or programe please let me know.thanks again simon.

Hi Simon,Now you have probably changed the landclass, so that will give you grass in a bigger area.If you want to draw a VTP polygon, you could try to use a program like SBuilder or Ground2k4. But if you are happy with this result you could also save your time of course :).