Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Ground2k4 Bug

Guest Cazador

Dear All:I have created a coast scenery with Ground2k4 , but when i place a city polygon overa a desert polygon i see desert lines in the city polygons when i fly in FS9, these lines disappear when i fly close to the polygon.I think ground2k4 divides a polygon i multiple polygons and between of those polygons there is a space that let see the polygon below of the top polygon.Thanks.

Hi there,that's actually not a bug in G2K4 but a problem with the FS9 texture engine, which places any polygon as LOD13 sections. For some reason (perhaps a rounding error in the code?) some of the lower mips don't fully cover the LOD13 Areas and the underlying land class texture shows through.Two options for minimizing this effect is to avoid crossing LOD13 boundaries (the G2K4 grid lines) as much as possible and to place a base land class that is similar in color and texture to that of the VTP2 poly.In "critical" areas (e.g., white glaciers on a dark-rock background) I use a work-around that involves setting the glacier poly as LWM water, "coloring" that water with the glacier texture via a local water class file, then surrounding the glacier with a VTP2 glacier poly on Layer 1 (i.e., only shows up on water), thus turning the water back into land. Pretty bizarre, huh? ;-)It works quite well but is not perfect. There are still faint lines visible if the user has water reflections turned on, and the polygon shows up as water in the map and GPS display. Still beats a grid of black lines, IMO.Cheers, Holger