Sign in to follow this  
Guest nigelb

Ground2K problem

Guest nigelb

I am new to all this so be gentle! ;I am trying to reroute a road around an add-on airport using Ground2K version 5.4. I have succesfully removed the portions of the old road that I needed to remove with defarea so that part went fine. Now I am trying to add some new road segments and no matter what I try, they do not show up in FS2004! I am not trying to change landclass, add textures or anything fancy, and I gave the new roads a layer of 33. I get the following error message when I compile:Warning: more than 2 points for bridge; see bitmap X= 350.963973116162 Y= 746.86125567098That implies there is water involved, which is not at all the case - no water for miles, not even a stream!I must say this has increased my appreciation of what others have accomplished a great deal.Any help greatly appreciated

Hello Nigel,I'm no expert but might you be trying to use the bridge textures with numbers in the 12xx range? The roads are in the 11xx series of textures.Wil

Guest nigelb

Problem is I don't want a bridge, I want a road. I suspect that Ground2k must assume the line I drew is over water - hence the error message, but it is over land and there is no water nearby. How do I tell Ground2K that the area is land, without changing the default terrain, or the default landclass? The examples in the Beginner's Guide, which is excellent btw, are mostly for creating new coastlines and changing landclass and I don't need to do that. I just want to run some roads around an airport.Is there a better tool to use perhaps?Any help greatly appreciated!

Hello Nigel,Ground2K4 does not know if your line (road) is over land or water. Only you can know that. So, the problem is elsewhere.As Wil wrote, you seem to have incorrectly assigned a bridge to your line instead of a road.Please go back to the Properties window for your line and change the assignment to a road texture.To do this: - click on the large "S" icon (select); - double-click on your line to select it; - right-click anywhere in order to bring up the Properties window for that selected line; - make the changes and confirm by clicking OK.Best regards.Luis

Guest nigelb

Thanks, but the problem was that I had failed to set the Area Attributes (square icon) to indicate land. I found this on my 10th reading of the docs and a mention of magenta lines in the cells to indicate land. My cells had yellow lines. I assume now, that the error message was the result of Ground2K "thinking" my road was surrounded by water and so therefore it must be a bridge, and if it is a bridge, it must be a straight line - no more than two points.Makes perfect sense now, or maybe I am up a bit too late ;)