Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Compile ASM file

Guest bones

Excuse the newbie question but when you run through a process you have never used before you are indeed back at the beginning (despite 10 years of scenery design!).I have extracted the ASM files from a GMax export and edited them. Can I check the next step of the process please?Is the ASM is then run through BGLC_9.exe to produce a BGL file or is there a step I am missing? Do I rename the BGL to MDL and then run the XML file though BGLComp again (to get the position data in)?boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi Bones,If the ASM files are from the Fs2004 gamepack, you indeed need to rename the BGL file to MDL file (it is no BGL file, FS will crash when you try to load it). The MDL file can be placed like any other MDL file after that.You can also get a MDL file directly by typing the option -mdl behind the BGLC_9 command if you use the command prompt (or if you use my CompileHelper tool that does the renaming automatically).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog