Sign in to follow this  

FsFlightMax New Update v1.2 Pre Release 1

I wanted to get this addon, I think I'll wait until the updates are less than 2/month. Sheesh.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

Guest Aidi

Its worth getting now imo. What they are doing, is releasing the updates after getting feedback from the users. Its not just patches for the existing unit. They are keen to make the product as best as it can be by getting us to tell them what we want/would like. Not a bad way of going about things... Shows dedication to the end user. They had a few "teething" problems to start with, but that is unavoidable.http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest nutcase

well, without FSMeteo compability it's rather useless. FS2002 "real weather" is totally useless. It's OLD weather - not real weather. I'll wait for the update that makes flightmax compatible with FSmeteo before I buy it.Jan Roar R

I own FsMeteo and I have an honest question?Real world pilot reports which I use for real flying are updated on an hourly basis. It is my understanding that ms2002 uses these through the Jeppeson server. It is also my understanding that fsmeteo uses metars which are also updated on a similar time line.It is true that when a station does not report in that it won't be updated because obviously the data won't be there, and if you are in a location with few reporting stations you will not get good results.However, the fact that fsmeteo updates every 6 minutes doesn't change the data that it is getting-the data is still updated on its own regular time schedule basis, as is the duats data.Where I live I have as good a luck with the default fs real weather as I do with fsmeteo-so it is not "useless" and in fact I rarely use fsmeteo because I haven't really seen much of a difference.Now, I understand if you live at a place where reporting stations are few, and are covered by metars, then it could be an advantage. Where I live, faa reporting stations are very frequent so this is not a problem.I guess I am saying for some fsmeteo may be a lifesaver-but for others the real weather on fs2002 works fine, and is usually current.By the way -you can click on the airport identifiers on the map and actually see which stations fs is reading-in the case of this shot I have clicked on kdet and it states on the bottom that Detroit City airport is the closest reporting station:It might be interesting to see in problem areas what this reports.As you can see I get current great results with the default weather.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/3736.htmlhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

That is a great question Geof! I would like to know the answer as I have not seen a huge difference between the two - and I live in Dallas and sim out of Addison so I am near many reporting stations in real life and the sim. My understanding of where FSMeteo (hopefully someone will verify) shines is when you are flying cross country and the weather automatically updates and provides a better transition than the default. If you could set the default Real Weather to update every so many minutes, they may be more alike.Comments?I am interested to find out the answer.Steve :-wave