Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Unflattening

Guest kkilo

I can't seem to find any information about removing the flattening poly's of the default airports in FS2004. I'm trying to remove a default airstrip that sits at the bottom of a 200 foot hole after installing 38.2m mesh. Then, I want to rebuild it down the mountain and more like the real strip. Having no scenery design experience, it's taken me a while to figure everything out. I can rebuild the airport, no problem...I think. And I can exclude all the airstrip's objects. But I can't seem to get rid of the big hole the airstrip sits in. How do I do that?I tried remesh on ground2k4, but it doesn't have any effect.kkilo

Guest kkilo

Thanks for the link. It seems that the FL*.bgl files are causing my problem. Is there anyway to create an exclude file for those or must they be edited?You once had a tutorial for how to edit the LWM and VTP default files. It was here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchUnfortunately, it's no longer there, and I couldn't find it in the file library. Is it still available?Thanks again for your help.kkilo

Guest artmartin

Would "Unflattening" also be called an "FS Boob Job"? lolArt Martin:-wink2

Howdy,if you send me a PM or email with your email address I'd be happy to send you the tutorial per attachment (<1MB).Cheers, HolgerP.S.: forgot to answer your question: nope, flattens cannot be excluded. They can be overwritten for water bodies but it doesn't work well at airfields.