Sign in to follow this  

Real Airports,,,No Patch for FS2002

Hi...I am a little upset with JustFlight. They are not creating a patch for FS2002 for Real Airports. It seems to me that this was one of the last comercial scenery released for Fs2000. It is really upsetting that a nice scenery program will die because no patch will be created. I do not understand why Justflight is dropping this program. Someone please esplain it to me. Other companies have made patches for there programs, why not Justflight. I have included the answer I have recieved form Justflight on the matter. The future meaning never. We I hope this does not offend anyone, or anyone at Avsim that I am upset with companies that do not give the customer sevice that they deserve. Maybe if enough people complain than maybe things will get done.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot Thank you for contacting the Just Flight team with regards to Real Airports. I have contacted our Product Manager and currently no plans are in the pipeline to upgrade Real Airports to enable full compatibility with FS2002. This is not to say in the future the programme will not be updated. I hope this is of help to you and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions. Alternatively please visit the website for product information, FAQ

Hi DavidI cant explain, but i feel the same about it, i tried to get it running but there are to much problems and graphicerrors, it so sad because i loved the LSZH scenery.Maybe there is someone out and can help us.Greets McDanielSorry for my english

Well, think of it this way maybe:>Hi... >>I am a little upset with *Microsoft*. They are not creating >a patch for *FS2002*. It seems to me that >this was the last release. >It is really upsetting that a nice program >will die because no patch will be created. I do not >understand why Microsoft is dropping this program. Someone >please esplain it to me. Other companies have made patches >for there programs, why not *Microsoft*. I have included the >answer I have recieved form *Microsoft* on the matter. The >future meaning never. We I hope this does not offend >anyone, or anyone at Avsim that I am upset with companies >that do not give the customer sevice that they deserve. >Maybe if enough people complain than maybe things will get >done. >>David Albright >FAA Flight dispatcher >Single and Mult-engine rated pilot >>>>Thank you for contacting the *Microsoft* team with regards >to *FS2002*. >>>>I have contacted our Product Manager and currently no plans >are in the pipeline to upgrade *FS2002*. This is not to say in >the future the programme will not be updated. >>>I hope this is of help to you and please do not hesitate to >contact me if you have any further questions. Alternatively >please visit the website for product information, FAQ

Companies alway say that there are no plans at this time to release a patch. It's easier to listen to people whine about the apparent lack of a patch instead of listening to people complain about "omg why is the patch taking so long sucks!!@" There's was once even a time where one of my favorite developers said they had no plans at all to do a full blown sequel to a game and then one day about a year later they announced the sequel would be released in six months or so. The key phrase is "at this time." That just means that they can patch it whenever they want because they aren't stupid and they know that giving a release date for a patch is just going to mean even more nasty emails down the road.