Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Trying to Make AFCAD for KIFP (Laughlin/Bullhead City)

I am trying to make an AFCAD for KIFP (Laughlin/Bullhead City). This is my first attempt at making an AFCAD from scratch. I am having troubles with taxiway designations and several errors that I have not been able to correct. I'd sure appreciate it if one of the AFCAD experts could help me fix it and explain my mistakes to me. I cannot seem to apply designators for the taxiways. It says "Blank" in the designator and there is no way to change it that I have found. I have already had one AI plane land and taxi to a gate so it must be working partly. I'd like to be able to use the Progressive Taxi also, which at present, does not work. I will add a zip file of the AFCAD. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest ponyboy

Well I am by far no expert but I was "cruising by" and saw your cry for help so I took at look at what you have done. 1st off, if this is your very first attempt (and we've all been there), why not use the default KIFP AFCAD as your starting point rather than starting from scratch? Saves many a headache and when you save your changes you are not overwriting the original default but making an edited copy. I assume you want to add more parking and maybe adjust the taxiways a bit? But from what I've learned I would always start first with the runway to get that squared away first because that needs to be the most accurate. Then build off from that. From what I see you have the runway texture laid out but not the actual runway link created.Because you are creating taxiways from scratch they will be "blank". You need to assign a taxiway number to it but you also have to create the number first. That is done in the drop down box at the top. Open the box and you will see four selections: BLANK, RWY 16/34, RWY 16/34 again, and a "blank space". Click on the blank space and then type in the taxiway designation you want for it and click enter. A message will pop up saying something to the effect of "do you want to add this designator"? Say yes and there you go.Because you are still designing there are many errors still there. Use the Fault Finder under the Tools section. Also if you haven't already, read the manual from top to bottom. It is well written and easy to understand and then keep plugging away!Glad your doing Bullhead... it needs a face lift. Used to take the Houseboat there... ah....good luck

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I was not aware that there was an AFCAD for KIFP. If there was one, I don't have it. KIFP was not even listed in the drop down list. That's why I started my project. When I launch AFCAD221 no AFCAD shows up, other than mine. Please let me know the filename of it and I'll do a search on my disks to reinstall it. Since my post I have done a lot. I have a runway, aprons, taxiways, tower, beacon, buildings, parking spaces, designators for the taxiways, lights, etc. and have had numerous landings and takeoffs with AI planes. I hope all my work was not wasted. I have used the Error checker and there are no errors. Thanks, best regards, Bob.