Sign in to follow this  
Guest fin10

Repeating effects

Hi,I am new to this scenery design thing and to be honest am a bit bamboozelled by a lot of it however, I wish to create an effect. The effect concerned is for all intents and purposes a firework. I have managed, utilizing Novasim, to create the effect but, it activates once when I get close to the scenery and that is it. What I would like to achieve is for the effect to repeat itself every 10 to 15 secs. Is this possible and if so, can it be explained in simple terms for a newbie to all this?CheersBruce

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Bruce,you need to add a controller file that triggers the effect on certain conditions, such as time or proximity. Grab the Special Effects SDK - http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...k.asp#specialfx - and also have a look at how controller files for the default fireworks are coded. It's the Cntrl_fireworks.fx and FW_show*.fx files in FS9Effects.Good luck.Holger

Thanks Holger,I have had a look at the SDK instructions and I am a bit confused to be honest. My best guess is that I should enter random in the Parameters area for the effect to repeat itself otherwise I will have to specify each individual time that the effect activates by placing date and time, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here.