Sign in to follow this  
mckeonj

Missing textures

Below is the text of an email I have sent to a group of correspendents who had trouble with textures missing in some of my published addon sceneries. This illustrates the problem: the questions are; does anyone else have this problem?, and, what can we do about it?---From: John McKeonTo: all my scenery contactsDate: Friday 30 SeptemberI have received a number of queries about two recent sceneries of mine, Cardington and Tangmere. I hope that this circular, which addresses the issues raised, will serve to answer your particular query.I have joined the Golden Wings project, which provides a pre-1939 Flight Simulator world, and all of my Vintage Airport sceneries will soon be re-issued in a format compatible with FS-VFR and FSGW global scenery, starting with Cardington.Golden Wings can be found athttp://windrfters.comMay I also recommend to you the aircraft and scenery offered by the VFR Addons database, athttp://www.vfraddons.co.ukTangmere: missing texturesIf buildings or trees are showing white at Tangmere, you are missing NOVA and NOVAGOLD textures, or the Trees library: check the Readme file for details.Cardington: missing texturesIf certain ground areas show white, you are missing some legacy texture files from FS2000/2002 which are absent or renamed in FS9 and FSGW. I will package and post them on the library sites as a fix, but here is a quick fix:The offenders are called: ASPHALT.BMP & ASPHALT.R8, GRASS.BMP, PRARIE.BMP.Find suitable ones in a texture folder, copy and rename as above. PRARIE is just very rough grass, ASPHALT is concrete divided into 8x8 squares.For example, find GRASS_SU.BMP in FS2002, copy to FS9/Texture, and rename the copy GRASS.BMP, or copy and rename TEXTURE.BMP in Cardington/Texture folder. It is a very useful sort of grey smudge which could be anything.Cardington: "patchwork" textures, only affecting "Golden Wings" scenery(solution in email from John Burford, thanks John)>John,>Re my earlier mails relating to texture problems and a green and black>"tartan" effect at the VLA's, Tangmere etc. and in various sceneries by>other designers when used in GW, the forum folk seem to have found the>answer.>It requires asphalt.bmp and asphalt.r8 from the original FS9 to be moved in>to replace the ones in the main texture folder and in your scenery folders>(I should do some housekeeping to clear up duplications, but at least I >have>the textures now!)>Hope you have not been saturated with correspondence about this, but I'm>glad I know the answer now. Your sceneries are simply too good not to use,>and thanks once more for making them available to the community.>Regards,>John---

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!