Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surge

Runway data extractor

Does anyone know of a tool that will extract the runway data out of FS2004 and dump it to a plain, delimited text file?I know FSNav extracts the info out of the BGLs but I would like the data in a form that I can process with my own scripts.I haven't done any scenery design for a while so I'm out of date with regards to what tools are available.ThanksPaul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The TrafficToolBox.dll has a dump airports feature which produces this data about airports.It reads the default APnnnnn.bgl files, AFCAD files, ScenGenX files in active scenery folders and produces one report per airport - recognizing the AFCAD or ScenGenX file replaces the default data.-----------------------------------------------------KHSV,34.640447460,-86.773108095,192.0,C,5{ RUNWAY,10017,150,HARD RUNWAY,8014,150,HARD PARKING,38.0,GATE PARKING,54.0,GATE PARKING,31.0,GATE PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,54.0,GATE PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,14.0,RAMP PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,18.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP PARKING,10.0,RAMP}------------------------------------------------------------The DLL is part of the TrafficToolBox SDK from Microsoft.------------------------------------------------------------# Syntax to define an airport:# IcaoId,Latitude,Longitude,Altitude,AirspaceClass,NumApproachFreqs# {# RUNWAY,Length,Width,SurfaceType# (more runways as necessary)# PARKING,Radius,ParkingType# (more parking spaces as necessary# }# Syntax to delete an existing airport:# IcaoId# Where:# IcaoId = four letter airport ICAO identifier# Latitude = airport latitude in decimal degrees# Longitude = airport longitude in decimal degrees# Altitude = airport altitude in meters above mean sea level# AirspaceClass = airport's ICAO airspace class: B, C, D, or G# NumApproachFreqs = number of ATC approach control frequencies# Length = runway length in feet# Width = runway width in feet# SurfaceType = runway surface type: # HARD = paved runways# SOFT = unpaved runways such as turf, dirt, or gravel# WATER = water runway for seaplanes# SNOW = snow runway for ski-equipped aircraft# Radius = parking space radius in meters# ParkingType = parking space type: # RAMP = general aviation ramp# CARGO = cargo loading area# GATE = airline gate# DOCK = seaplane dock# MIL_CARGO = military cargo loading area# MIL_COMBAT = miltary combat aircraft parking area

Thanks ReggieThat looks useful even though it requires a bit of coding to use the DLL. :)Paul