Sign in to follow this  
arno

any free GMAX people models or textures?

Got a hankering the other day to add in tubers going down the Salt River in my Phoenix scenery and started playing with GMAX. Tube was simple to construct and then I started on the human riding it. Polys added up quickly along with complicated textures to make skin, bathing suits, faces, hair, etc. I think I'm aiming more towards a much simpler solution such as just a real basic box object for the rider with the details all in the texture. Are there any sources that designers know of for very simple human GMAX models or good textures for wrapping around simple models? I've found lots of pictures of people tubing down rivers but the shots are almost always from the side and very few are from above where you'd be able to wrap the texture onto the entire object. I suppose I could do it like many tree objects where you have nothing but a flat plane and the object always rotates to the viewer. My guess is it's going to end up as a hybrid of that technique and a more complicated object.Then comes the animation to make these things move along the river.....Art

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Art,For my people I indeed use a flat plane that rotates to the user all the time (I must still port this library to the new Fs2004 format :)). In most cases a texture will have enough detail to look like a human.Also sometimes it is better if a shot is slightly from the side, as it looks more like a walking person in that case. But I must say I never used them animated until now, only static at my airports.