Sign in to follow this  
nudata

LWMViewer2 - Load Times and Memory?

Typical load time for me is 2 minutes and 45 seconds after clicking NOT to clear Existing Files. Is there a way to limit the scope of the load? LWMviewer2 uses all of the real memory and about 1gig of page memory. Using FS2004 at the same time for positioning is then difficult. Limiting the scope of the initial load may allow less memory to be consumed.An unrelated question - a RAW landclass file is produced. Should LWMViewer2 compile this into a BGL or should I use the SDK tools?Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi,If you're using the 'load by coordinates' function it will load way too much - I'm going to change this to give you a dialog instead. There are many files which cover most of the world, and that's what's taking up so much memory (objects, navaids, bridges etc.) . Alternatively, I could change 'load by coords' to only load files which contain mesh, class or vector data? It tends to be object files which cover huge areas. Opinions?For now I'd suggest going to your work area first then using 'list this area' to pick the files you're interested in.If you're editing landclass, the RAW file should be accompanied by a suitable .inf file. You'll need to use the normal tools to convert this into a BGL for flightsim, but LWMViewer2 will load the RAW directly so you can continue editing later.Cheers,Jim

I would vote for an ability to select the specific set of items that you want to load. The "worldly" items might have the word large attached to the name to warn the new user and remind the older ones.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA