Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Can I remove extra planes from someone elses scenery?

Hi, I'm hoping someone else here can help me.I am using the wonderful EDDW freeware scenery from Oliver Pabst. This is one of my favorite airports to "fly" into now. In order to decrease the number of planes at this airport, you must lower your scenery settings ( think it's the density setting in FS9). I was hoping to leave the scenery settings max'd since I just bought a new system, but I want to remove the planes. Is this possible? Can I just remove something out of the scenery folder or will this cause a crash?Any help will be appreciated.Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Jeff,It is always best to consult with the designer of the scenery, as he will know the answer to this type of question.In the meantime, and although I do not have the scenery myself, you might want to take a look at the files. There seems to be one named "EDDWDYN.BGL" and another named "EDDWSTAT.BGL". You don't say whether you want to remove dynamic or static objects, but just try removing one or the other of these files and see if that helps.You will not damage anything, nor will FS crash under any circumstances because of this. You will simply prevent those files from loading.Best regards.Luis