Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

Effects?

Gentlemen,Its been awhile since I dealt with effect elements. This problem is that the lighting effect shows up at night but also during the daytime. I have applied the conditions of: night=1;day=0;dusk=0;dawn=0. Is there a formatting error in that statement? Progress is being made but its like reinventing the wheel!

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

Guest jersey shore

If your using Gmax, you have to create three different attachpoints for night,dusk, dawn. For example, if you were creating a beacon you would have to create 3 objects(boxes,sphere,etc), place as close as possible to each other. Then use attachpoint script and for each object, fill in the name and which effect you are using. In the parameters section type NIGHT=1. Then export to create your mdl. then bgl. and now the light will only light at night. Repeat the steps for dawn and dusk. Just remember when using attachscript under name that all three have different names like Beacon, Beacon1, Beacon2 or they will not work.You also can edit the XML file and add your effect that way to the scenery and place the tod condition there.Dave

Dave,Thanks for the effect strategies. As it turns out, the flaw in the ointment was as simple as not using all caps (NIGHT vs Night). Your approach gives me other ideas. Thanks again.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)