Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Placing Custom Approach Tower under AFCAD APP Lights...

Hi,I sloped the ground down away from the beginning of my runway so that several of the AFCAD approach lights were suspended in the air. I then tried to create a model to place under the strobes. The model will not appear but rather some strange lights are in its place.Is it not possible to place a model under the strobes? I think it would be a nice effect but don't have the knowhow to actually create my own complete custom approach lights.Thanks in advance. I can supply pics if that helps.Thanks,Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With further experimentation, I found that I can place a simple untextured box under the lights and it will appear and works great. As soon as I place my tower model under there, it reverts back to the same problem.Any ideas?Thanks,Adam

Hi Adam,That is weird, can you maybe show a picture?I know that it does not work if you try to place a runway itself on top of a GMax 3D object. This is because the 3D objects are always drawn after the runway, so that results in bleed through trouble. Maybe it is the same with your lights.

Hey Arno, I meant to post back. It is very strange indeed. I had a model made and no matter what I did, it wouldn't display. Well, as I mentioned in my sceond post, I could get a box to show up. I textured that box and it showed up no problem. I then proceeded to add other pieces to it. Now it works the very best. I have 5 towers placed one under each strobe. Looks great. I have no idea why my original tower model won't work. A complete mystery to me.Thanks Arno, Adamhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133901.jpg