Sign in to follow this  
arno

Questions Regarding Exclusions, Scenery Mods...

Hello again all!!Thank you for the responses before, and thank you in advance for patience too...I am working on my home airport: KCVG, which has a new runway (36L/18R) that was completed last month and I am adding it to MSFS. I have already added the runway and taxiways with the wonderful and intuitive AFCAD. I attempted to exclude all the default scenery using ExcBuild, since it was cluttering up the taxiways and runways. Now that I have the .bgl files for the exclusions, where do they go? The tutorial says to put them in the addon scenery/scenery folder(since i am only modifying the default KCVG). How do I see the changes in MSFS? I know how to add other add-on scenery but apparently I don't know how to add individual .bgl files. Second question. I'm assuming I will have to manually edit the "tiles" that the airport sits on so i can get the nice blank grass skirting around the new runway I added (36L/18R). I downloaded Ground 2K4 and SBuilder but have yet to figure out how to use them. I am new at scenery modification (obviously) and am actually quite fascinated with the prospect of cleaning up inaccuracies and/or adding new runways as the airports themselves build them. I thank you all for your help and hope that soon I will be modifying airports fluently. Right now, it's pretty much no-going...anyway, thanks again and cheers!!-Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Adam,You can put those BGL files in almost any folder, as long as you add it to the scenery library. Most designers create a new subfolder (with a scenery and texture folder) for their project. This keeps things clear, if you drop everything in the addon scenery folder you won't know which files belongs to which scenery in the end.For the grass, you only need one of the two programs. So either Ground2k4 or SBuilder. Some designers prefer the interface of the one and others of the other. I think SBuilder is easiest to add some grass, as you can load the default scenery as background information.