Sign in to follow this  
Guest CGTHX

Changing Helipad Texture

Guest CGTHX

Hello everyone!I'm attempting to add concrete parking pads to many gravel airports in Northern Ontario (used so you don't have to fire up on gravel). I'm know pretty much nothing about scenery design except for using AfCad. I find that adding helipads simulates these concrete pads very well, however they obviously don't have a big H on them. They basically have no markings except for a pinkish red border. I edited helo2.bmp in the FS9/Texture folder to what I think looks pretty good, yet in FS, it still appears as before I edited it. Does anyone know where the actual texture for the helipads is kept, and if this is actually it, why it didn't update in the sim? Thanks!Jeff

Hi Jeff,Changing such a texture would not be a very good idea, as it would change all the heliports around the world as well :).But why not draw a small apron polygon for them? That is something you can do from AFCAD as well.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest CGTHX

Hey Arno. Thanks very much for the suggestion. I didn't even think of doing that. I just tried building a 30x30 foot concrete apron polygon, but it doesn't show up in FS. I'm not sure whether this is because I'm putting an apron on top of an apron? I tried unclicking the "draw surface" for the gravel one to see if I could get just the concrete to show, but all it does is make it a little bit invisible, but you can clearly see the outline. The same goes for the concrete pad.I don't really care if I change all my helipad textures across the world, as I really only do a couple types of flying in FS, and I never see helipads. Do you know of a way to get this method to work if the Afcad method doesn't do the job? Also, can you add that pinkish-red border to an apron polygon? Thanks again!Jeff