Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tb4jy

Change to BVCF file.

I made some changes to the BVCF file and got the correct center (control) names for Japan. Such as Fukuoka Control and Sapporo Control. It work's fine, with no problems that I've seen. My question is this; Can I upload the changed BVCF file to the File Library, or would that infringe on Microsofts copyright?Any guidance would help.Thank's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That is a difficult question, personally I would not upload the file right away. Mainly because editing default files can become very confusing to the user, think for example that somebody else makes an update for a different country. In the end we get loads of versions of the same file.

Tricky question. Just ask the library staff. I've done the same for New Zealand and it has been allowed. Theoretically, you'd be able to recreate the file from scratch anyway, as the contents are no 'trade secret', so personally I don't think there is a problem (MS may see this differently).As to Arno's comment, I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, he's right, but at the moment there is no way to simply subsitute/override airspaces and there isn't even a handful of files in existance - and it doesn't look like there's ever going to be any conflict. FS2004 has been out for almost 3 years! Hope this helps,Christian

Thanks for the replys. I'll see what the staff has to say about it.