Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Land Class Configuration

Guest jcfh2006

All the default FS9 land class textures are categorised and given a number. Some of these are "unused".Is there any way of editing this configuration, especially to add some land class textures, and then be able to apply these using the standard LC file construction?I have searched FS9, but cannot find any .cfg or text that allocates the LC textures to specific categories - they are not in the terrain.cfg.This would be such a simple way of editing/amending LC textures without the necessity of overwriting the existing textures?If anyone knows how to do this or has some insight on the LC textures configuration, I would be most grateful.JCFH

Hi JCFH,the file in question is the lclookup.bgl in FS9SceneryBasescenery. It contains the class allocations and prevents use of any unlisted regional classes. I know of at least one person who has succesfully altered the lclookup.bgl but the obvious issues are that hacking a file like that makes redistribution "iffy" and that only one lclookup.bgl can exist at the same time so who gets to hack and who doesn't? ;-)I assume you're familiar with the FS2004 Terrain SDK? It provides additional information about the use of regions and region-specific land class textures though it doesn't talk about the lclookup.bgl per se.Cheers, Holger

Guest jcfh2006

Well. The best solution appears to be to create a texture set for the region using the same file names as the default textures used in the LC file, and then create a stand alone scenery folder including these textures and the LC file.bgl. This seems to work.For anyone else's interest in future!

Hi there,that's correct but don't forget to also include the corresponding blending mask files *m1* with those textures as well as those classes that FS switches to in steeper terrain. If you don't include them then you may still end up with a memory overflow crash.Cheers, Holger