Sign in to follow this  
chansen

Use FSDS3 aircraft as static scenery object?

It's funny that you should mention this, because I recently had the same problem. To start with, you should try to simplify your object for the sake of performance. In my case, I found some really old aircraft models, that weren't that detailed to begin with. Each of the aircraft has fewer polys than my terminal building, so that wasn't the problem. I never did figure it out, and I sort of put it on the backburner for now, but one thing you might want to check is that there are no pre-processes set on any of the parts. If you imported a FSDS2 (or older) model into FSDS3, it might still have these as part of the model, and they should be removed before exporting the .mdl file.- Martin

Guest pehje

Interesting. I did some further testing. I found one

Guest pehje

I also tested with one sample F14 TOmcat that came with FSDS3 and it worked on first attempt, bgl that is. It has 200 parts and 6000+ polys. My little ultra light has 64 parts and 300+ polys. Something else must be wrong...

I had the same problem with a DC-8. I deleted all elements i could without harming the model. Then I saved it as a part and created a new file where I loaded the part. Then i worked. I don't know if FSDS saves anything special when creating a plane.Claus

Regards

Claus

System : Varjo Aero,  Intel i9 14900K 5,1 Ghz OC, RTX4090 24 GB, 64 GB RAM, 2 X M2 1TB, FS2020

https://claus34.wixsite.com/737sim

https://flightsim.to/profile/chansen