Sign in to follow this  
Guest neilb

AFCAD AI Crossing runways Question

Guest neilb

Excuse me if this is the wrong forum. I couldn't find one that seemed more apt.I have a question regarding AFCAD's. I have installed George Grimshaw's amazing KBOS scenery and noticed that with the AFCAD he supplied AI will hold short of a runway if either a plane is taking off or landing on that runway it wishes to cross. However, I don't get this kind of behavior at all airports, my Heathrow AFCAD allows AI to cross regardless.I downloaded a new KBOS AFCAD last night and this allows AI to cross occupied runways. I cannot see anything in the AFCAD editor that shows a difference between the ones that do and the ones that don't. So I'm really curious how you set it up so that they will cross runways without holding short.This may seem unrealistic to some, but for the amount of AI I have its nessecary as FS ATC's holding restrictions are far too strict. Its unrealistic at times, but the majority of the time works quite well.Thanks.

Hi Neil,I'm not familar with KBOS but I assume that the easiest way to have AI ignore the runway would be to make sure that there's no connection between the taxiway and the runway link at that point. It also means that the AI won't leave the runway at that intersection but it should prevent the AI on the taxiway from stopping.Cheers, Holger

Guest Bob Z

NeilTake a look at the 'diamond' technique at Project AI Afcad.[http://afcad.projectai.com/]Go to the FAQ section. It's the one labeled 'Fix for aircraft getting stuck'. This also allows turnoffs.

Guest neilb

Ah-ha!Thats exactly it. I can see it on the different AFCAD's on the ones that cross and the ones that don't.Thanks very much. I can get working on modifying my ADCAD's now.