Sign in to follow this  
arno

Using DXT-Bitmaps in EOD

Hi thereJust a few days ago I started making my own APIs with EOD. Yesterday I made some APIs with transparent DXT1-textures (extended fs70 16bit) and everything worked fine, but today EOD was not able to show the same textures in the textures dialog. I'm very confused? How could this happen. Yesterday I made trees with the stock-FS-bitmaps and today EOD only shows a questionmark instead of the texture-preview. I don't get it.Maybe there was kind of a dll-loaded by another program that made it possible. but i really have no clue.how will I get EOD showing these textures again? Re-install didn't work.cheers & thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I think EOD is not capable of showing DXT textures (it was designed before DXT textures were there). So I think it is easiest to keep a normal BMP version to use in EOD (keep it with the sources of your object) and place the DXT versions only in the texture folder of your scenery.

hii also thought EOD wasn't designed to show DXTs, BUT as I wrote: it once worked. it's really weird.