I am a newbie to scenery design and so far have got to use and I think understand SBuilder. I have succesfully managed to use it to create a base of an airport using an aerial photo. In my wisdom I thought by using SBuilder to do the ground work and either SceneGenX or AFCAD to create at the very least the runway lighting. Well with all the will in the world i cannot seem to get the runway lights to show up, they are like hidden underneath SBuilders bits. It would be nice if the runway/taxiways would layer ontop of the photo. I would be grateful if someone could help point me in the right direction.Many thanksRichard

The AFCAD file should show on top of the photo scenery unless maybe you changed the elevation in SBuilder. I'd start by checking the elevation.

Hi,Thanks for the reply - that was one of the first things I checked and every thing is at the same elevation both in sbuilder and afcad. The only thing I have established is that it is only textured polys that are affected. If I use the "built in" textures via LWM or VTP2 the afcad generated runways etc will layer on top. Maybe that is how it is meant to be?CheersRichard

Guest luissa

Hello Richard,I realize that you are talking about textured polygons. These textured polygons (the same applies to what I call high res photo scenery = textured polygons that try to follow the mesh) are called with the (old?) SCASM command LayerCall. Unfortunately I do not know how we can force FS to display "AFCAD FS2004 polygons" on top of the "LayerCall" polygons. The only thing that I can suggest (both is not satisfactory) is:1) make transparent textures for the textured polygons so that there is a "hole" for the runway to show up2) use "AFCAD FS2002 polygons" or if you are talking about the runway use old runway commandsSorry for the poor proposals!Luis

Luis,Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I had a sneaky feeling that I would have to "cut a hole" for the runway, may be the easiest solution. I guess one day all of the FS mysteries will be revealed - who knows.Once again many thanks for your help and suggestions and I will probably run with your first option, unless someone knows an easier way for a newbie like me.RegardsRichard

Guest TIYCS
Hello Richard, I realize that you are talking about textured polygons. These textured polygons (the same applies to what I call high res photo scenery = textured polygons that try to follow the mesh) are called with the (old?) SCASM command LayerCall. Unfortunately I do not know how we can force FS to display "AFCAD FS2004 polygons" on top of the "LayerCall" polygons. The only thing that I can suggest (both is not satisfactory) is: 1) make transparent textures for the textured polygons so that there is a "hole" for the runway to show up 2) use "AFCAD FS2002 polygons" or if you are talking about the runway use old runway commands Sorry for the poor proposals! Luis
Hi Luis,Thanks for all your help here in the forums.Question: Can you refer me to any tutorials/articles/whathaveyou that detail how one goes about developing hi-res photoscenery for FS9? I am interested in doing what Gottfried Razek (blueskyscenery.com) has done, only on a much smaller scale. But he won't give away his secrets! I would very much appreciate any help you could be to me in this regard.Thanks!This Is Your Captain Speaking

Guest luissa

Hi,I do not know if there is a tutorial. Some discussions took place at ptsim forum. Here are some that I just got by searching the forum:http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=737http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=734http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=356http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=612Well may be there are more ... To conclude I would say that the technique is very good if you can place a flatten under the area of your photo scenery. If the textured polygons are to follow the mesh, you must make the mesh as well so that you know the altitude of your textured points/polygons. Even if you know that, it is complicated.Kind Regards,Luis