Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Adding Autogen

Guest karsten77

Hello again @communitie.I want to create exact autogen for my Hometown, Rheine, EDXE. I tryed to made a own undergrund using photoreal textures, but its a little bit too compilcate and looking not good, several problems, and no winter spring e.G. textures.How can i find out, which bgl files and assigned .bmp files for this area around N52.2820 E7.454 are used by Fsim?I have installed f1's ET Europe.Is it possible to find it out? Or i had to ask f1 support which files are leaded at this coordinates?An other idea: Make a photoreal undergrund for the City, add Autogen using the SDK, after this add to all used bmp's complete transparency so the "normal" textures bekomm visible. Is this possible?

Guest lionheart777

Hello,I have tried to do this myself and it is extremely complicated.You 'can' change out the 'tile' of texture for another that looks better in the FS mesh terrain texture layouts, of which is explained in the Terrain SDK info kit from the FS2004 download site. They explain it, but it was so complicated, I couldnt tell what they were talking about.There are about 5 programs that can supposedly do this, but each seemed a little vague on how to work to get a ground texture into a mesh. You might try going to http://www.scenerydesign.org/ They are the guru's of FS design and could probably walk you through it.I would be grateful for any info you find on doing this the easy way.Billwilliam@lionheartcreations.com

Some one else may have better ideas, but autogen is tied to specific texture bitmaps. It probably won't work to try to modify the default textures, since this would be a global change.My thought would be to use a custom landclass. I've done this with sbuilder, which actually creates a tile-sized VTP poly to layer over the actual landclass. Each bitmap is tied to a specific tile, so you can annotate the bitmap for just that tile to get the specific look you want.You still have the season/night issue. One approach might be to use a screen shot in game to create a master bitmap instead of using a photo bitmap.scott s..

Guest lionheart777

Karsten,Scott is right on it. SBuilder is the way to go.It easily applies photo textures to your scenery and can put in objects as well. I would say this is your best approach in getting your scenery done.I didnt know about this and was just looking for it in the AVSIM libraries (SBuilder) and also found some great tutorials on it as well.Look for files;sb205.zip <-- actual program, SBuildertextured_polys.zip <-- tutorialairport_terrain_tutorial_v1.zip <-- tutorial