Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

A puzzling (texture?) problem...help please

Guest Stan V

I have just installed a new FS2004 scenery that the author claims depicts a bush camp shore scene near Ottawa in Canada complete with shoreside buildings and dock, and sure enough, the buildings are there and my float plane sits gently rocking to water swells next to a nice wooden dock object. The only problem is that the undulating "water" is a grassy field which doesn't look particularly realistic. To date I have tried incrementally disabling various nearby sceneries including mesh but so far to no avail. The author assures me that everything looks fine on his system as well as on the system of a co-author so I am convinced the problem lies with my system but I have no really good idea about where to start looking. Has anyone else had such a problem? If so, what was the basic cause and what did you do to solve it?Stan V

What is the scenery's name ???Got a link ??Bit hard on what you have given us so far :-hmmm

Guest Stan V

Thanks anyway for responding. I knew the problem was sketchy but if it had been obvious, I might not have needed to ask. I was trying to obtain a scenery-knowlegeable person's opinion as to possible sources for water textures. The sceney in question was a beta version I was testing for another author so no one else would have had access to it anyway. Besides, I was pretty certain the problem I was experiencing had nothing to do with the scenery file I was testing - and I was right. As it turns out, I solved my own problem late yesterday and it really was a non-problem. For that, I apologize to all who gave this an intellectual try. The problem was caused by my installation over a year ago of a particular downloaded water texture file containing green tinted water. It seemed appropriate to me at the time and in certain parts of the U.S., it looked pretty good. Well, yesterday I backed out the six textures affected by that download and all the water near Ottawa went back to being appropriately colored again. Thanks again, guys.Stan V.