Sign in to follow this  
arno

Scasms compiled object in FSX?

Hi all. In the included image you will see I've added an unfinished building (Astrolab - Mnt Megantic, Qc) to FSX (Demo) - Princess Juliana Intl (TMCP)- rwy 09's end. DXT1 texturesThis object was created for FS9 with FSDS v2 as a stand alone bgl object. Thus it is scasms compiled!! Yet it shows correctly in FSX!!!Also, a small quebec airport scenery I did during spring 2004, using EOD and FSDS2 and Airport for Windows, appears quite correctly (in tems of object representation) although it sits in a sea of nothingness in this FSX demo's area.Mind you, I'm not advocating for a return to the old scams era. But it looks old api macros may find a prolongued life, maybe using SceneGenX for their insertion into FSX.Would this scheme still be usable with Vista OS and DX10 remains to be seen.Just tought you'd like to know.Hugo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, the backwards compatibility still allows most of the pre-Fs2002 scenery commands to work. Although it is of course strongly adviced to no longer use these old commands in your new projects.Just as is the case in Fs2004, trying to mix the old and new scenery commands can lead to some problems...