Sign in to follow this  

What do YOU expect for FS2004?

Hello to all, Well...I have been dreaming about what we must get for fs2004. I really want to see these done. 1. Realistic ATC. (SIDs,STARs and Holding Patterns)2. Airport Taxiway signs. (They Have the names correct...why not signs?)3. An easy interface to add/remove airline callsigns.4. Roads with traffic on them (fs2k2 is dead with out)5. WTC before Sept. 11 and gone after(like back in time berlin)6. Real waterways with boats in them.7. ALOT of AI TRAFFIC with REAL airlines. 8. Concorde! 9. Real paint schemes for default aircraft.10. In bad weather, where VFR is not possible and when airports don't have ILS, use approach plates or when heavies have to land at airports without ils, you approach plates.11. Aerial Photographic Scenery for the world.I don't think these dreams are impossible...I think they can be reached. FSRAILS adds roads. There are people that put taxiway signs into the airport. you can even add/remove callsigns. why not make it default?regards,Moses :-wave

Guest Milio_B

I'd really like to see some traffic in the ground...I mean, it's really nice when you look at the window in your plane and see the tiny cars, it tells you there's life beneath you....Of course in FS there won't be any life, but the illusion would be bigger :(Same for boatsd, those are the two things I'd like to see most to add realism to the scenery...

Thanks for the reply. I am wondering...can fsrails add proper traffic?Moses

Guest Milio_B

I think it adds Rail Roads and dynamic trains, but I'm not sure if it works for FS2002....Remember how FS2000 got car lights at night??? That was cool :)

yep...that was good...better than fs2k2. regards, moses

Guest Dominik Mann

> Hello to all, Well...I have been dreaming about what we must get for fs2004. I really want to see these done. >1. Realistic ATC. (SIDs,STARs and Holding Patterns)Absolutely. Granted, I'm currently using FSNav for these things, but a properly integrated in-game feature would sure be nice.>7. ALOT of AI TRAFFIC with REAL airlines. Definitely!!! However, items like changing IFR altitudes in flight (e.g. for step climbing), emergency procedures (transponder to 7700 :-) ) and the REMOVAL of that silly IFR flight plan cancellation when you fail to climb or to turn to a new heading quickly enough are a must also!>8. Concorde! Yeah - I never understood why they swapped out the Concorde for the 747...the POSky 747s are better than the M$ version anyway ;-) !>9. Real paint schemes for default aircraft.AMEN! I mean, MS managed to get licenses from Amtrak, BNSF etc. for Train Sim - why couldn't they do the same for FS?!Two more items from my personal wish list would be:- clouds with VOLUME (

FSNav lets you fly sids and stars?! :-eek!WOW! Where can I get it??We cant fly with out cloud depth...you are very correct. We need better clouds!Moses

The MSFS 2002 Patch will be available the day MSFS2004 come out and however I am thinking that they will comeout with a mid term product 2003 this fall but this patch will cost you..Dont expect to much from MS in the way of additions with 2003/4 I think it will be fixes and expansion of the 2002 product.

Yeah baby! Could not agree more - want to see products respond withdynamic weather routingholds, with all relevant info offeredvectoring for traffic avoidance while in terminal arealast-minute re-assignment of approach, requested or assignedGPS approachesdeparture routesAnd don't forget flight service stations!!! How about some standard briefs, enroute terminal forcasts, PIREPS.... the works!!(-:

Are you sure about a payware patch for fs2002? Moses

>dynamic weather routing This would be a fine addition>holds, with all relevant info offered CERTAINLY!>vectoring for traffic avoidance while in terminal area It MUST happen>last-minute re-assignment of approach, requested or assigned I hope it becomes "As real as it gets!">GPS approaches These would be great!>departure routesWe need it! >And don't forget flight service stations!!!Like in PROFLIGHT 2000, to make VFR flying realistic.>How about some standard briefs, enroute terminal forcasts, PIREPS.Could not agree with you moreHere are some new ideas:1)FMS/FMC in the aircraft2)AI traffic in MULTICOM/UNICOM airports.3)A realistic MULTICOM/UNICOM.Moses

Guest Dominik Mann

>FSNav lets you fly sids and stars?! :-eek! >>WOW! Where can I get it?? Here: http://www.fsnavigator.com/FSNav is shareware, but IMHO absolutely worth the money. In order to be able to fly SIDs and STARs you will have to DL them via a built-in function from some dedicated server or other (it isn't hard to find inside the programme :-) ). Sadly FSNav cannot interface directly with FS 2002's ATC routine - just as no other add-on can so far - , i.e. ATC will still vector you to its own liking...so you'll have to decide whether to fly under ATC control or without, but then able to fly SIDs and STARs with impunity ;-) .Hope that helps! :DCheers,

It would be a great step forward if we could see better weather realism in the future. If we could see thunderclouds rising to 20,000 ft. 50 miles away it would be better in my opinion than all the autogen scenery. With the weather system as it is now one second its clear and the next your in clouds. It would be fun it we could see the weather around us better and avoid it if bad, even if the clouds don't look realistic they could be positioned more realistic.