Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

A question about the default "OBJECT LIBRARY FILE" FS9/...

I wonder if someone can explain why the default "OBJECT LIBRARY FILE" in FS9, (maybe the same situation for FSX, haven't tried yet), refers to numerous scenery files and GUID's that apparently do not exist or work when compiled from an XML file? For example, I did a complete search for several default scenery files and only found a few that actually had default bitmap textures in the appropriate scenery folder. These files displayed with no problems when compiled. Most did not. As an example, the following object is listed: VEH_air_bagcart2 545a2a611d2e2ec1000849c2ae60c5a but it's associated texture bmp is no where to be found in any folders of FS9. Evidently this is why some scenery would not display at the proper coordinates, (I'm assuming it's GUID is still valid). So then, what is the Object File Library used for if most of the objects are non existent or invalid? If, on the other hand, I'm assuming or doing something wrong, your suggestions are appreciated.:-) Cheers,Mark.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Mark,This is very interesting. Has anybody else noticed this problem with FS 9 objects?I have not been able to find an OBJECT LIBRARY FILE in my FS 9 folder. Could you please tell me where it is located?As far as I know, the objects have their own scenery file, Flight Simulator 9SceneryGeneric, and the vehicles are in Flight Simulator 9SceneryVehicles.Each has its own texture folder and in the latter is the image for the baggage cart:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161042.jpgDo you have any specific examples of objects that do not display?It just occured to me that you might be referring to the list included with the FS 2004 BGLComp S.D.K.If so, you are right, it is a slap-dash sort of list with objects from many different games, including versions of Combat Flight Simulator.So, you cannot call all those objects.In addition, many objects are restricted to a specific part of the world, for performance reasons. Nobody will place the Eiffel Tower in Australia or the Vatican in Peru, so city landmarks will not display.For a list of objects that you can use, please try the SBuilder Image Pack in the Avsim library. Best regards.Luis

>Hello Mark,>>This is very interesting. Has anybody else noticed this>problem with FS 9 objects?>>I have not been able to find an OBJECT LIBRARY FILE in my FS 9>folder. Could you please tell me where it is located?>>As far as I know, the objects have their own scenery file,>Flight Simulator 9SceneryGeneric, and the vehicles are in>Flight Simulator 9SceneryVehicles.>>Each has its own texture folder and in the latter is the image>for the baggage cart:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161042.jpg>>>>Do you have any specific examples of objects that do not>display?>>>>>It just occured to me that you might be referring to the list>included with the FS 2004 BGLComp S.D.K.>>If so, you are right, it is a slap-dash sort of list with>objects from many different games, including versions of>Combat Flight Simulator.>>So, you cannot call all those objects.>>In addition, many objects are restricted to a specific part of>the world, for performance reasons. Nobody will place the>Eiffel Tower in Australia or the Vatican in Peru, so city>landmarks will not display.>>For a list of objects that you can use, please try the>SBuilder Image Pack in the Avsim library. >>Best regards.>>LuisHi Luis,Thanks for your helpful reply. :-) I will go and fetch that list. Also, The "Object File Library" should be found in the following location: My default location for FS9 is: FS2004 SDK/BGLCOMP_SDK ; and for FSX: C:Program FilesMicrosoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK/SDK/Environment Kit/Autogen SDKCheers,Mark.