Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

FSX: 'Nullvalue' doesnt include water mask = Black areas

Hi there- Ive posted this on scenerydesign.org but with no luck so far. Hopefully someone can give me a quick responseIm exporting two photoreal images of an Island from ArcGISThe first image contains the actual photo of the island and the boundary extends out to include the sub-surface features that i want to show through the water effect. The boundary of this is limited by a uniform bright green colour which is then removed using the 'nullvalue' in the inf fileThe second image is the land/water mask and this has its black/white boundary around the actual shoreline of the island.The effect im wanting is to have 1) The photo land texture defined as land2) The photo water texture between the shoreline and the 'edge' of the photo texture (defined by 'nullvalue' in the 1st image) defined as water with the photo texture showing underneath3) The areas of 'nullvalue' on the first image to show the default waterIn effect this should be similar to a blendmask but without out using a separate blend image.It compiles Ok but the result i get is 1) Photo land texture as land = OK2) Photo water texture as water/image = OK3) The 'Nodata' part of the first image appears to show the landwater mask (i.e. Solid Black) instead of the default water = Not OKIt appears that the 'no data' area on the first image creates a 'hole' but that 'hole' doesnt go through the second landwater mask image...that is why it shows black (the colour of the water mask underneath)Any help would be appreciated!!!*I had a thought that maybe the order of the images in the .inf file might make a difference but i havent been able to test this yet (i.e. put the water mask 1st in the .inf file)CheersResampleProblem.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tim.Rather then using NODATA, I think your going to need a 3rd image to define a blend channel.Getting no or few responses just means you are at the edge of the community's knowledge base concerning the new resample. So experimentation is going to be needed.Dick