Sign in to follow this  
arno

Can someone tell me

Guest wyoming

if there's a way of modifying the color/brightness of the autogen buildings? Is there a file that could be edited to that effect? Thanks.

Hi,You could edit the textures used by the buildings, I assume that could give the result you want. Of course this would affect all builings in the entire world using these textures.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest wyoming

Where do you suggest I look? There are so many of them. I'd like to see what it would look like if they were toned down some. I find they stand out too much. Which, aside from the fps problem, is what makes me turn autogen off. I feel buildings in general stand out too much too.

That is indeed a good question, where to start looking for the textures :). It depends a bit on the kind of autogen buildings you are looking at, some are library objects, others are automatically generated objects. Unfortunately it is hard to tell you which textures are used (I don't even know which region of the world you are flying in). So I would suggest to use a thumbnail viewer to try and fine the correct texture.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog