Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnC

My string of views on keyboard letter S.

Guest JohnC

I got 0 responses to this on the FSX Forum...can anyone help here?Keyboard Letter S and Button 2 on my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick are programmed to View(Next category).I cannot see any relation between the camera definitions in the aircraft config file and the series of views I see when I step through by pressing Button 2.My Beech Baron's aircraft cfg has no relation to the categories I see. I see VC, Locked Spot, a Nearest Airport, and a Right Wing and I want to change these and add a fith Custom view into the category string.I have custom views already for some aircraft. That is not my problem. It is how to program/redefine the string of views for a specific aircraft if possible or at least a different default string when pressing S or button 2 on the joystick repeatedly.I think the n in the CameraDefinition.n statement plays some role but it is not spelled out in the FSX SDK.I have tried saving a flight after manually changing the views but the same view string reappears upon reload..

Hello John,I have not spent any time looking at this, but you may want to take a look at the Cameras.CFG that can be found in:C:Documents and SettingsxxxxxApplication DataMicrosoftFSXThe S.D.K should indicate how to modify it.Best regards.Luis

Guest JohnC

Thanks, LFT...I'm going to check all my planes and try to see a pattern...but if the aircraft.cfg doesn't define the view string, I'll just have to drop it until Microsoft or someone here clarifies it a little. I'll follow up this with my results.