Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

TileProxy BETA Assistance Thread

THANKS for such a remarkable project!With anything this groundbreaking, there's a hiccup or two. :) I'm running into a bug/config error that seems to stop the loading process in its tracks. I let the TP+sim combo run in a loading state for appx. 1 hour, but didn't get anywhere.Specs: Ath x2 3800+, 2GB RAM, Vista 32 Bit, nVidia 7900 (latest drvrs)Symptom: Sim loading stops at appx 32%, TileProxy window continually scrolls the following...tileproxy.sys: FileInternalInformation? Prior to scrolling this message, TP does seem to load in some tiles (VERY low LOD, wide area tiles) and populate the cache directory. Following that initial burst of tiles, this appears. I get no indications of an HTTP/web error. Could this be a Vista hiccup? FSX was installed completely fresh for this test run - no custom configurations were performed. My relevant .ini file section....{FrugalEarth}cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh.frugal.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=6max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25Thanks for any assistance offered! I know some of you have it running smooth - anyone on Vista?

Fix:For the error above, I disabled all virus scanners (I use NOD32), and the "FileInternalInformation?" message ceased AND loading continued!

Guest cbuchner1

I should mention this fix in my manual for the next release.virus scanners in general hamper FSX performance, as they monitor each file access. But FSX likes to load a LOT of files. ;-)