Sign in to follow this  
Guest etheberge

New Montreal/Trudeau CYUL - WIP and Help Wanted

Guest etheberge

Hey guys,I've been working on a badly needed scenery update for Montreal-Trudeau (CYUL) in the last few months. CYUL2002 was good in its day but now it's hopelessly out of date, most of the airport buildings have been completely rebuilt since then. I kept hoping for the last five years that some talented designer would create a new freeware or payware version but that never materialized so I decided to create my own.This is my first scenery and it was made by modifying the default buildings and adding objects with EZ-Scenery. I've had to figure a lot of things out as I went along, I'm sure most of you could have done a much better job than I did; that's partly why I'm posting here.I created this for my own use and I don't have the time to work on it anymore. I might add some ground vehicles and a few other things but after that I'm done. I was thinking that someone here would be interested in picking up where I left up. Maybe we could create some sort of collaborative project to make this thing better, so that everyone could enjoy it more when it's done.Here is a link to a post I've made in the Screen Shots forum so you can get an idea of what it looks like.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=259405&page=And here are some specific things that could use improvements:-It would be nice to have a custom airport ground polygon (I think that's the correct term) with ground markings around the jetways, custom apron and runway textures.-The Afcad could use some expert attention. Parking codes and gates are mostly accurate but taxiways, cargo areas and GA parking are not.-I didn't touch the GA and the Maintenance hangars area at all (at the Air Canada base if you're familiar with the airport). It'd be nice to add some visual details to that section.-Anything else you can think of.I wish I had the time, skill and knowledge to make something as amazing as the recent CYYZ by Dennis Di Franco or the stuff from the CanUK guys but I don't. I did learn a lot working on this and that's what counts. I'll release this basically as is soon if no one is interested in collaborating. Maybe it could fill a need for some people. I'll probably call it "The Poor Man's CYUL" or the "Better than Nothing CYUL" :-)Thanks for reading everyone,-Erik Theberge

Guest okazou

Salut EricIt is planned that Montreal Trudeau will be rebuilt using Gmax and new technology for FSX, but it won't be started before next fall. It will also implies other designers join the project, CYUL being too much work for a single person. If you, or other scenery designers are interested to join the group and collaborate to this project, please visit our new web site at: http://okad.ca/cvq/index.php and register as new member. You should have Scenery Design knowledge and be ready to work out of Gmax or 3D Studio Max.

Guest etheberge

Salut Guy,Wow, that's excellent news! I will definitely keep an eye on this project, I'm headed to your website now. I'm sure many people will be excited, it's a shame that the third largest airport in the country hasn't received much attention over the years.Bonne journ