Sign in to follow this  
Guest swva6426

AFCAD2 software died!

i have been using afcad2 for a few days with no problems and great results.i installed some recommended software (ms sdk and .net framework).now, when i open afcad2, it freezes and stops running when i click on "open a new airport". it freezes at about 3 bars while loading the airports.i have reinstalled afcad2 several times with the same problem.i uninstalled the new programs and afcad2 still locks up.any suggestions?joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Joe,Did you maybe install some addon sceneries as well recently? If AFCAD stops during the scan, it could be that it has trouble reading some BGL files.

hey there, arnothank you for the tip. i got it working....here is how-1- i removed all 10 airport folders from the "addon scenery" file.2- i added 1 airport folder back into the "as" file, then opened afcad2.3- did step 2 until i found that my ksna folder was the cause of the freeze up.i guess the ksna folder got corrupted, but i dont know how. i dont fly into ksna anyway, so it is no big deal that i have it removed. i will figure it out later.thanks for pointing me in the addon scenery direction!! :-jumpy joe