Sign in to follow this  
arno

Object not showing up.

Guest DC-9

Hi:As I'm a bit rusty with things, I'm having a slight problem. Maybe someone here can help? I'm trying to export a light to FS, but the light isn't showing up. I possibly am doing something wrong. For starters, I've edited the .asm code. When I export, I get the .xml and .mdl files, along with the .asm files. As I said, I've edited the .asm. I run the .asm file through BGLC9, and I get the .bgl file. I also run the .xml file through BGLCOMP, and get the BGL from that as well (if I'm thinking correctly, is the placement file). Anyway, to make a long story short, the light isn't showing up. What's the correct way to export? Am I missing something? Thanks!Allan

Hi Allan,Two things:1. If you run the ASM file trought BGLC_9 you will indeed get a BGL file, but it is an MDL file. So you will have to rename it to MDL again. If you load that BGL FS will crash.2. The default XML file made by GMax does not actually place the object. Open it in a text editor and remove the comments around the SceneryObject command. Then the object should be placed.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog