Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Carenado Bonanza---Geofa or others...

Guest lawyerpilot

There were a number of posts when the Bonanza came out regarding its flight model being incredibly underpowered. Has this been recitified with the current patch? Does anyone know? Waiting to buy, but eye candy is not the main concern, flight models are. Perhaps we can use Geofa's flight model for personal use once it's released. It would be compatible, right?Thanks, CMB P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar AssociationNTSB Bar AsssociationPIC- Warrior, Archer, 172N-SP, Aztec, MalibuSIC (for fun)- Conquest, King Air c90"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest Moghdad

I haven't found it to be underpowered although it uses up a lot of runway on takeoff. It isn't a particularly friendly airplane although it does produce some sweet landings, smooth on the approach with a very precise flare. It sometimes has a tendancy to pull left or right that is hard to trim out. The absence of a "both" setting on the fuel valve doesn't help.I'm not yet wild about it, but I'm starting to get used to it. It's certainly worth getting if you are into GA. There aren't too many payware GA titles. It has a beautiful exterior. The interior is passable but the gauges could be more legible.

The real bonanza doesn't have a both setting on the fuel valve. After burning fuel from one hour on a tank it will have a tendancy to lean towards the heavy tank. It is also harder to stay in trim than a 182 or arrow.The original flight model definately takes way too much runway and is underpowered-I don't know about the patched one.My flight model will not be perfect either-I need an expert fm'er! :-)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif